This year, prepare for a new year by starting your cleaning resolutions before the new year ever arrives! Don’t miss these tips for 31 days of clean that are sure to help you get your house the way you want it!
31 Days of Clean
Get Rid of Clutter!
One of the biggest areas of mess in any home is clutter! Small clutter spots in your home can cause a buildup of dust and make the entire home look less tidy. Here is your first week focused on decluttering:
- Day 1 - Clothing - Clothing clutter is one of the biggest mess causers in any home! Today your focus is on going through clothing and finding everything that needs to be donated, disposed of, or reorganized. This may seem daunting but it will have a huge impact on the cleanliness of your home.
- Day 2 - Paper - Paper clutter can quickly take over. Whether it’s bills, artwork, or other papers that need to be filed. Spend some time going through paper that is lying around and either scan it, file it, or shred it. If it is something sentimental it can help to find a new way to display it.
- Day 3 - Toys - Take some time to go through toys and decide what can be donated or reorganized. It can also help to rotate toys to keep them fun for kids. Put some in a box in the attic and pull them down in a few months to give them new life.
- Day 4 - Food - Food might not be what you think of when you think of clutter. However, cabinets filled with items that are expired or won’t get eaten definitely count. Take some time to go through cabinets and remove anything that needs to be donated or discarded.
- Day 5 - Counter Top Clutter - Whether in the bathroom or kitchen, it can be tempting to use countertops as a one-stop shop for all of your clutter storage. Take some time to clear counters of anything that doesn’t need to be stored there.
- Day 6 - Decorations and Knick-Knacks - While many items can have special memories, they can also hold a great deal of dust. This is a great time to cut down on any decorations or knick-knacks that you don’t need anymore.
- Day 7 - “Just In Case” Items - It can be tempting to hold onto items “just in case” you need them in the future. While this can be helpful, it is also beneficial to either find a place for items in your home or donate them so they don’t add to clutter.
Let’s Talk About the Furniture
Furniture can be the source of a variety of hidden messes. Take some time to work on cleaning your furniture this week. Small changes have a huge impact!
- Day 8 - Hutches and Cabinets - Hutches and cabinets can quickly collect dust and small messes. Take a few minutes to use an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth to wipe down shelves and clean all surfaces of hutches.
- Day 9 - Dressers - Dressers can quickly become messy with clutter and a lack of organization. Take a few minutes to fold clothes and put them away. It’s also a great time to clean off the top of the dresser with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Day 10 - Beds - Beds are often overlooked in the cleaning process. Not only is it helpful to clean bedding, but it can also be helpful to take some time to clean the mattress. (Be sure to check the care instructions for your mattress as it will vary based on brand.)
- Day 11 - Couch Cushions and Surfaces - Couches can be a big culprit for messes in any home. In fact, we’re going to break couches into a two-day project to help you get it all done! On the first day, you will want to focus on the cushions and surfaces. Depending on your couch style, it is a great time to vacuum your couches and wipe down any non-fabric surfaces with an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth.
- Day 12 - Couch Deep Clean - Another area in couches that can be problematic is between the cushions and under the couch. This is a great time to vacuum out your couch crevices and move couches to clean underneath them.
- Day 13 - TV Stands and Entertainment Units - Did you know TV stands are famous for collecting dust and messes? Take some time to take everything off of the stand and wipe down surfaces with an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth.
- Day 14 - Tables and Chairs - Tables and chairs can quickly collect small spills and messes over time. Use a quality degreaser and cleaner to quickly wipe down and freshen up tables and chairs.
Conquer the Floors
The floors in your home can have a huge impact on the cleanliness of the entire home. Spending a few days on your floors will help keep the home cleaner going forward.
- Day 15 - Grout - When most people think of cleaning grout, they find a million other things to do. Use the Clean Floors Ground bundle to make this job quick and easy!
- Day 16 - Stain Treating - Stains can quickly take away from the cleanliness of your floors. Spend a bit of time using the 4-in-1 carpet stain cleaner to quickly remove stains from the floors in your home.
- Day 17 - Mop Bathroom Floors - Take the time to move everything out of the bathroom and thoroughly mop bathroom floors. This will freshen your bathrooms and leave everything in the house smelling better!
- Day 18 - Mop Kitchen Floors - The kitchen is one of the biggest areas to see spills, foot traffic, and a variety of messes. Take some time to mop the kitchen floors well. A bit of time mopping in the kitchen can have a huge impact.
- Day 19 - Steam Clean the Carpets - Use the best steam cleaner concentrate to give your carpets in your home a deep clean. Talk about a great way to give your home a fresh smell!
Freshen up the Bathroom
Bathrooms can quickly accumulate a variety of messes. The good news is, most of them are fairly quick to clean!
- Day 20 - Treat Mold and Mildew Stains - Mold and mildew stains can easily build up in the bathroom. Use the bathroom magic smart gel to quickly and easily remove these stains and make it harder for them to ever return.
- Day 21 - Treat Hardwater Stains - Hardwater stains don’t have to leave your bathroom messy. Use the bathroom magic 6-in-1 cleaner to quickly and easily remove these stains!
- Day 22 - Clean Grout in Showers - Many showers will have tile with grout. Use the best grout cleaner to freshen up your showers!
- Day 23 - Deep Clean the Toilet - Today is all about giving the toilet a deep clean. Make sure to clean under and behind the toilet as well.
- Day 24 - Conquer the Trash - Items can quickly end up left in the bathroom beyond when they should. Take some time to dispose of empty shampoo bottles, old hygiene items, and any other trash that has not been properly disposed of.
- Day 25 - Sinks and Faucets - Sinks and faucets can often get overlooked when cleaning the bathroom. Use an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth to wipe these areas down well.
Don’t Forget the Kitchen
The kitchen is one of the busiest parts of most homes. Take some time to clean your kitchen well and you are sure to enjoy a cleaner home.
- Day 26 - Clean the Oven - Use a degreaser and cleaner to clean both the inside and outside of the oven. Make sure to get the oven door and sides as many items can spill there.
- Day 27 - Clean Out the Refrigerator - This is a great time to remove all food that will not be consumed, wipe down surfaces with an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth, and organize items as you return them to the refrigerator.
- Day 28 - Sinks, Faucets, and Countertops - Focus on using a quality all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth to thoroughly clean the sinks, faucets, and countertops. Not only will it make your kitchen cleaner, but it will also make your home smell better!
Add the Finishing Touches
You are almost done! You only have three more days left! You can do this! It’s time to put the finishing touches on a job well done!
- Day 29 - Ceiling Fans - Ceiling fans are one of the biggest dust collectors in your home! Take a few minutes to remove all dust from your ceiling fans.
- Day 30 - Vents and Baseboards - Another great way to freshen up your home is to clean the air conditioning vents and baseboards with an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth.
- Day 31 - Walls - Don’t underestimate the value of clean walls for a clean home! Use the 5-minute clean walls bundle to quickly clean all of the walls in your home!