Preparing the Guest Room and Bathroom for Visitors
Preparing the Guest Room
Spending time working on the guest room before visitors arrive is so important. While many people think of quick ways to add a personal touch to the guest room, there are some hidden things that are just as important. A few cleaning and organizational tasks can make your guest room feel like a home away from home. Even better, they don’t require a large investment of time. Here are a few tips for preparing the guest room for visitors:
- Fresh Bedding - The guest room is often kept ready for visitors. However, bedding can collect dust and some visitors are sensitive to certain soaps. Use an eco-friendly laundry soap to wash all bedding. This will freshen up the guest room while protecting guests from any sensitivities to certain laundry products.
- Extra Bedding - One of the more uncomfortable things for guests is being too cold in the middle of the night. Store extra bedding in the guest room so that they can add a blanket without feeling like a nuisance. This simple gesture can tell your guests that you care about their comfort.
- Create Storage Space - When people visit it can make them feel good to be able to unpack and settle in. Create a place in the guest room where your guest can unpack. It can also help to make some room for luggage to be stored.
- Dust Surfaces and Ceiling Fans - Because guest rooms aren’t used as regularly, they can become home to plenty of dust. Spend a few minutes with an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth, wiping down dust. This simple task will make a huge difference in the cleanliness of the room.
- Deep Clean the Floors - Floors can hold odors and messes you might not notice. However, your guest will. Spend some time deep cleaning the floors. Start by stain-treating carpets with a quality carpet stain remover. After treating carpets, use the clean floors bundle to get your floors clean and ready for company.
- Wash the Walls - When cleaning the guest room, it can be easy to overlook one of the most rewarding cleaning tasks. Use the five-minute clean walls bundle to quickly wash down all walls in the guest room. Cleaning the walls in the guest room will freshen the smell of the room and remove any residual dust as well.
*Pro Tip - Avoid air fresheners and other chemical-based smells when preparing the guest room. They can harm your health, and many guests may have sensitivities to these products.
Preparing the Guest Bathroom
When welcoming guests it can be equally important to work on getting the bathroom ready. When preparing the house it can be tempting to overlook the bathroom. However, spending time working in the bathroom can be one of the best things you can do. A clean restroom is one of the best ways to welcome someone to your home. Here are a few tips for preparing the guest bathroom for company:
- Deep Clean the Toilet - When preparing the guest bathroom one of the most important tasks you can take on is deep cleaning the toilet. You will want to use an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down the bottom of the toilet, outside, and under the seat. It is also important to clean the back of your toilet and the floors around your toilet.
- Clean the Shower - It’s tempting to assume that hard water stains can’t be removed. Use the Bathroom Magic Hard Water Stain Remover to quickly and easily conquer hard water stains. You can then use the shower rejuvenation bundle to get your shower clean and help it stay cleaner longer. While you are cleaning the shower, make sure to dispose of empty bottles, containers, or items that will no longer be used. It can also be helpful to your guests if you add fresh soaps and shampoos they are allowed to use while staying.
- Counters and Cabinets - No matter what people say, they peak in cabinets when visiting other people’s homes. Take a few minutes to clean out your cabinets and then use an all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth to wipe out all of your cabinets. After this, you will want to use the all-purpose cleaner sprayed on a microfiber cloth to wipe down countertops and clean the faucets in your sink. It can be helpful to leave out a fresh toothbrush or toothpaste in case your guests have forgotten theirs.
- Walls - Did you know cleaning your bathroom walls is one of the quickest ways to freshen up the entire bathroom? Use the five-minute clean walls bundle to wipe down the walls in your bathroom and give the bathroom a fresh clean look and smell.
- Floors - Bathroom floors hold a variety of messes and can take away from the cleanliness of your bathroom. The good news is, there are some simple ways to freshen up your floors. Use the Clean Floors Grout Brush Bundle to quickly clean grout and give your floors a new look. After cleaning your grout, use the hard floor cleaner to clean your floors before the company arrives.
- Garbage Cans - One of the best things you can do for your guests is to make sure garbage cans are emptied and a fresh bag has been put in place. This will make it easy for them to discreetly dispose of anything they might need to discard.
*Pro Tip - Make sure to have items such as a plunger, spare toilet paper, and feminine products easily accessible in the guest bathroom. This will help your guest to handle any restroom-related issues without the awkwardness of asking you for your help.